Thursday 6 October 2011

Sad news

My sister's sister-in-law died yesterday at the age of 21 from dengue fever. I am so sadden by this even though I have never met her. I feel for my sister and her family. I cannot imagine what it feels like. She was so young and had her whole life ahead of her.
Junaid is returning home to be with his family where 2 other members are ill. He has missed the funeral as, according to Islamic tradition, the body is buried as soon as possible after death. She only survived for a few short hours upon admission to hospital. She was on a hand held ventilator during her final hours. We really don't appreciate how lucky we are living in a country which has such a great health system. Where anyone can get state of the art medical treatment when ever and where ever they need it. We are so fortunate. I have not had a negative experience with our health system so I can't understand why people complain about it and compared to what others go through, ours is perfect.

No comments: