Tuesday 19 February 2008

Sleepless nights

I'm not getting much sleep lately because Jessica is waking all the time. About every three hours. Sometimes more frequently. It is really difficult to stay calm and alert during the day because I am so exhausted. I just don't seem to have enough milk or it isn't satisfying her enough. We have increased her solids but that still isn't helping. She isn't taking a bottle either so that is making it even harder. She just won't suck the bottle so I don't know what to do. She has been waking like this for 6 nights!! She will sleep if I let her suckle but wakes if I take her off and just doesn't seem satisfied. It feels like I have a new born without the hormonal high of having a new born. It is very difficult but she is a joy during the day.

Today I spent 1 hour trying to give her a bottle. Holding it in her mouth and trying to get her to drink but she didn't. In 1 hour she only had 40mL. Gosh. I don't know how I'm going to get her to take the bottle. I don't know how I'm going to last longer at night or get her to have the bottle. I will just have to keep trying.

Got to go get the washing off the line before it rains.
Sampai jumpa

No comments: